Bartlett Still Upbeat Although Reserve

5:21 AM

This Is Bath Online has an article on the selection of the 2012 London Olympics British Rhythmic Gymnastics Group. Annie Bartlett, the seventh member of the squad has been named as the non-travelling reserve for the group but seems to be upbeat about it, telling her Twitter followers:

"I am so gutted but this time last year I would never have thought I would be competing at big competitions like the European Championships," tweeted Bartlett, who started her career with City of Bath Rhythmic Gymnastics Club.
"I will still be training with the Olympic team as the non- travelling reserve and will support them through this exciting time." 
From the article, which you can see here:
Lynne Hutchison and Francesca Fox, who have both suffered injury problems in recent weeks, have been confirmed in the squad along with Georgina Cassar, Jade Faulkner, Louisa Pouli and Rachel Smith.
"As a group we have worked so hard to make it to the Olympics and have been through all the emotions along the way," said Smith. "I think in the end this has only made us all appreciate it even more.
"I can't wait to represent our country and to do ourselves proud. I am so excited for the Olympic Games and I find myself counting down the days until we compete. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments