Michigan Coaches - Olympic Dreams Come True

5:56 PM

An article from AnnArbor.com has a lovely feature on the realization of dreams for University of Michigan coaches Kurt Golder and Geoff Corrigan. You can read the full article here but I would like to wish Golder and the gymnast who he will be coaching - Samuel Mikulak, and Corrigan and Bangladesh representative Quazi Suque Caesar the best of luck. From the article: 
“I’ve never been to the Olympics. I trained my whole life, too, and I lived at the Olympic training center for three and a half years to try and make the 2008 Olympics,” said Corrigan a former All-American at Michigan. “For me it’s a big deal; this is what I’ve been striving for my whole life.”For Golder, it’s the culmination of a journey that started more than 40 years ago.
“I remember being in a gym one day at summer camp, and I said one day I was going to coach in the Olympics. I never gave up on it,” Golder said.
When Mikulak was named to the national team, Golder realized his dream had just come true.
“The first thing I said to him was ‘thank you’. I was just overwhelmed with happiness. I wanted to thank him for helping me to realize a dream,” Golder said.

You Might Also Like

0 comments