Legendre: Alternate Position is Bittersweet

8:34 PM


In an article with The Norman Transcript, 2012 United States Olympic MAG alternate Steven Legendre has revealed how the appointment is bittersweet and how he is preparing just like one of the five guys who have been selected to compete in London. The article can be seen in full at the following link: http://normantranscript.com/sports/x9840988/Sooner-Legendre-alternate-appointment-is-bittersweet but here's a look at a couple of quotes from the article. 

“It’s tough,” Legendre said. “Obviously, you put in the training, you put in the work to be on that team. When we first found out, it was bittersweet. I was happy to at least be part of the eight guys that are going, but at the same time, I also wanted to be part of that group of five. But pretty quickly I started making sure my mind was in the right place. This is my role, and I’m going to do it as best I can.”
Legendre will join former Sooners Chris Brooks and Alex Naddour as the three alternates for Team USA. Each had hopes of competing in this year’s Olympics, but for now will have to settle being in a supporting role for the starters once the Games begin.
“I think I am just going to be excited for them at that point,” Legendre said. “We are all about team. Nothing for Team USA is about individual. Our first and foremost goal is to go out and win a team gold medal. I will be up in the stands cheering my best to help them do that.
“Support emotionally can also be a huge factor. My goal is just to help contribute to that.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments