Duo Put Auckland on Top

8:19 PM


2012 New Zealand National Champions, Jordan Rae and David Bishop (pictured above) were featured in an article on the AucklandNow/stuff.co,nz website. The article and above picture can be seen in full at: http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/central-leader/7882491/Duo-put-Auckland-on-top. But below is a little sneak peak, with both gymnasts interviewed about their success and what they hope the future holds:

Seventeen-year-old Rae leapt, tumbled and danced her way to victory, winning the women's all-round title and placing first in the vault, bar, beam and floor.
And 22-year-old Bishop was hot on her heels, taking the men's all-round title and placing first in the vault, pommel and high bar.
Seeing his name alongside other talented gymnasts was the highlight of the competition for Bishop.
"When I heard it was official I was stoked. It's pretty cool to be able to say that I'm national champ."
The Auckland University engineering student has the Commonwealth Games in his sights next.
"I'm not going to say that getting there is my goal because I know that's where I'm going. My goal is to do well when I get there. I know what I want."
For Rae, the adrenaline rush she gets while competing is what gymnastics is all about.
"I just love to perform in front of the judges."
The Baradene College student is now hoping to win a scholarship to an American university.

You Might Also Like

0 comments