China Wins Women's Team Title At AYOF12:57 AM
Image courtesy of Brittany Lane for Olympics.com.au. See Image and related article at: http://ayof2013.olympics.com.au/news/china-fights-back-to-win-artistic-team-gold.
The Chinese team consisting of LUO Huan, CHEN Siyi, MEI Jie and LIU Zhilin won the Women's Team Competition at the Australian Youth Olympic Festival in Sydney. Great Britain finished second with Australia Gold in third. Australia Gold consisted of Alexandra Eade, Eliza Freeman, Rianna Mizzen and Eden Tarvit. Highest scorers on each event, were: Great Britain's Tyesha Mattis on Vault (scored 14.066); Amy Tinkler on Floor Exercise (13.800) and Catherine Lyons on Balance Beam (14.200); with China's CHEN Siyi on Uneven Bars (14.433). For detailed individual scores, see: http://www.gymnastics.org.au/site/gymnastics/national/downloads/gymsports/wag/Team%20Results.pdf
- China (LUO Huan, CHEN Siyi, MEI Jie, LIU Zhilin) 162.963
- Great Britain (Amy Tinkler, Catherine Lyons, Teal Grindle, Tyesha Mattis) 160.064
- Australia Gold (Alexandra Eade, Eliza Freeman, Rianna Mizzen, Eden Tarvit) 150.798
- Australia Green (Paige James, Darcy Norman, Franceska Fusha, Gillian Chan) 143.862
- New Zealand (Hanna Malloch, Courtney McGregor, Charlotte Sullivan, Millie Williamson)143.795